Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easton Pics

Grey Goose Sunset 12"x9" (Honorable Mention)

Morning Light At Blackwater 12"x9"

Against The Light 12"x9"

 These images are from my time at the Plein Air Easton competition in Maryland this summer. I will be posting most of the images from the painting trip in subsequent posts. I want to thank Bryan Mark Taylor for the use of his camera to get these images. Unfortunately, I "didn't think I'd need mine" and he was kind enough to lend me his. It's a good thing because all three of these paintings found homes at the exhibition and I'll likely not see them again.

You'll notice all three of these painting are in the "portrait" format. It wasn't until later in the week that I noticed this trend in my work at Easton. I found it quite odd because Easton is as flat as Florida for the most part and one would expect horizontal formats. Not so for me this year, I found the vertical compositions far more engaging.


Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment