Monday, July 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home


I'm glad to be home!

Nevertheless, we had a great trip. We visited old friends and family and lots of great midwest scenery. There were many miles between upstate NY and where we went but it was fantastic. Lake Erie was beautiful as we stopped for just a quick look on the way south. Wish I'd time to do a quick sketch or two there.

As for a quick sketch I found time for two scenes. Both of which I grew up in! Growing up I was moved around a lot so certain places hold special memories for me. If you've had that experience I'm sure you know what I mean.

The house on the left is in Indiana and was built by my dad. Lots of great memories of family and wandering the woods ponds and creeks with my dog etc.

The mobile home on the right is where my mom and I lived after moving to Cincinnati. It's a bit surprising it's still there after all these years.

Both special to me in their own way and I'm grateful for the opportunity to paint them


Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment